The candidate should be able to determine if the data received from the upstream systems are of good quality based on the rules and data quality validations defined and in case of any issues with the data quality analyze and come up with a preliminary summary of the root cause / issue. The candidate is expected to liaise with the business analysts, risk managers and other technology delivery manager.
Considering the portfolio of products in review, the candidate should have strong domain knowledge in the field of Risk Management and various loan products in the Wholesale Banking domain. He / She should have 5-7 years of experience in handling batch processing systems that processes data in the volume of 100-500 GB during the monthly cycle.
- Have a good understanding of the E2E process of the application
- Have a good understanding of all aspects of the application like Upstream, DB, ETL, ELT, Batch and Distribution layers.
- Work with the Production Support team during month-end cycles for troubleshooting failures, provide workarounds and perform RCA for the bugs identified during the batch processing
- Work with the Project Development Teams to understand the enhancements / changes being propagated in a particular release cycle and work on UAT & Pre-PROD phases for the same
- Work with the Business Analysts during the UAT phase and support the UAT
- Work with the Production Support Team during the Production Release cycle and provide support for the release
- Work with the infrastructure team to keep the hardware and software upgraded
- Identify improvement areas within the application and work with the respective component / project teams to implement the same
- Be a good team player
- Should be able to work in shifts on rotation basis.
- Flexibility in adapting to team requirements
- Ensuring adherence to defined process & quality standards, best practices
- Ensuring high quality levels in all deliverables
- Adhere to team’s governing principles and policies
- Participate in mandatory training and cross functions across team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and zeal to acquire domain knowledge
- Participate and contribute to Team/Project Reviews
- Taking accountability on setting up the UAT environments this includes build management and environment management.
- Actively involved in Process improvements and automations.
- Strong knowledge of any one or more of the following databases – Netezza, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server
- Excellent knowledge of UNIX commands & Shell Scripting
- Excellent knowledge of job scheduling tools like Autosys
- Strong knowledge of Database & Datawarehouse Concepts
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and perform RCA at a short interval
- Ability to think out of box and provide workarounds for production issues
- Ability to work independently and take up E2E ownership of tasks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates with certification in ITIL
- M.Tech, B.Tech, MCA,BE
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Experience: 6 – 10 years of industry experience
Shift Timings: 11 am to 8 pm
Posting Date: 11/02/2016
Location: Mumbai – India
Full / Part-time: Full time